On behalf of the Vice President for University Operations and the Classified Personnel Council (CPC), we welcome membership to CPC beginning July 1, 2013.
CPC is the representative body and voice for state classified employees at Colorado State. CPC is seeking your participation and invites you to be part of an exciting team.
Employees interested in getting involved with issues at CSU may run for election to CPC. Below are some of the activities conducted by CPC representatives.
• Communicate employee feedback on various topics with CSU Administration.
• Communicate with employees about issues affecting them in their jobs.
• Serve as committee members on various scholarship, search and award committees.
• Serve on University committees such as Parking Services, Physical Development, and Leave Sharing Bank.
• Serve on the Faculty Council’s Committee on Strategic and Financial Planning.
• Represent CSU on the Statewide Liaison committee.
• Work to promote employee recognition through awards such as Everyday Hero Award, Positive Action Award and Outstanding Achievement Award.
• Work to promote and award the CPC Educational Assistance Award.
Serving on CPC may require up to 10 hours per month of which most of the time will fall during the business day (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.). Employees should consider their ability to balance a commitment to CPC with their regular work load.
For more information about membership involvement, you may e-mail or call Farrah Bustamante, Chair of CPC, at Farrah.Bustamante@ColoState.Edu or (970) 491-1992.
Procedure for obtaining a petition to get on the ballot
• Any certified employee who has worked as a state classified employee for at least one year as of February 1, 2013, is eligible to serve on the Council.
• The deadline for completed petitions to be returned to Farrah Bustamante, Classified Personnel Council Chair, 6010 Campus Delivery, is noon on Friday, March 22, 2013.
• All employees who file completed petitions will appear on the ballot.
• Members can run for reelection.