The Classified Personnel Council serves to represent State Classified employees at Colorado State University by promoting, improving and protecting their role within the University system. Its elected members form a united voice on issues and decisions that directly affect State Classified employees of the University.
CSU DEPENDS ON THE CPC
Colorado State University (CSU) depends on a strong, dedicated, and informed Classified Personnel Council (CPC) to ensure state classified views, ideas, and concerns are respected in University decision-making. CSU also depends on the CPC to:
- Disseminate information related to CSU and state classified employees
- Review bills before the state legislature that impact the University community
- Recognize and reward CSU employees
- Host informational sessions and employee appreciation events
- Research, review, and recommend ways to improve the work lives of CSU employees
JOIN THE CPC
If you are interested in becoming a CPC representative, please contact the CPC Chair or follow these steps:
- Step 1 – Consider your current work load and availability. The term of service for CPC representatives is three (3) years beginning July 1, and serving on the CPC may require up to ten (10) hours of your time per month during normal business hours (8 a.m.–5 p.m.). CPC members are also required to serve on Council and University committees.
- Step 2 – Verify your eligibility. All certified state classified personnel, working half-time or more, who have been employed by Colorado State University for at least one year as state classified employees are eligible for membership, except employees of the Colorado State Governing Board or System’s Office.
- Step 3 – Complete the nomination paperwork, which involves filling out a Prospective CPC Member Form and writing a letter of interest. The letter should include a short bio and explain why you want to become a CPC representative.
- Step 4 – E-mail, mail, or deliver the nomination paperwork to the CPC Chair.
MORE ABOUT THE CPC
- 2013-2014 Council Members
- Council Committees
- University Committees
- Annual Reports
- Recent History: 2009-2013
- PowerPoint Slides