About the Award
The Educational Assistance Award is intended to assist State Classified employees seeking to advance in their jobs/careers. In each fiscal year (July 1 – June 30), up to ten (10) awards may be given in the amount of $500 – taxes will be taken out of this amount. This award may be utilized for any professional development or educational activity, including university courses, workshops, certificates, or trades related courses. Additionally, funds may be used for tuition, technology, books, child care, gas for traveling to class, etc. If selected for the award, applicants may be asked to submit enrollment verification before funds will be released. If an employee is taking courses at CSU, this award will not affect their employee study privilege credits.
Criteria for Selection
- Must be a State Classified employee affiliated with Colorado State University
- Employed at least 3/4 time
- Have been a State Classified employee at Colorado State University for at least two years as of award application deadline
- Awards will be made to employees based on need as demonstrated by their application
- Past recipients are NOT eligible to reapply for three years
The number and amount of awards are dependent on the ongoing generosity of our donors. You too can help State Classified employees seeking to further their education by making a donation through payroll deduction or as a one-time payment. Please consider a donation to the Educational Assistance Award.