BECOME A CPC REPRESENTATIVE
What is CPC?
The council represents CSU State Classified employees on issues such as raises, parking, work-life balance, supervisor training, employee recognition, and members contribute to many university committees across campus.
What would I do?
CPC members meet monthly and serve on one of five committees. Time commitment is between 2-4 hours/month.
Am I eligible?
State Classified employees, working 50% Full Time Employee (FTE) or more, that have been at CSU for at least 1 year are eligible to serve.
The Vice President for University Operations encourages you to apply for election to the Classified Personnel Council (CPC). Colorado State University depends on a strong, dedicated, and informed CPC to ensure State Classified views, ideas, and concerns are represented in University shared governance. The University depends on the CPC to:
- Disseminate important information to State Classified and other CSU employees
- Research, review, and recommend ways to improve the work lives of State Classified and other CSU employees
- Review bills before the State Legislature that impact the university community
- Recognize State Classified and other CSU employee accomplishments and contributions
- Host informational sessions and employee appreciation events
CPC Representatives are elected to serve a three-year term. Terms run parallel to the CSU fiscal year. If you are interested in becoming a CPC Representative, please follow the self-nomination process outlined below. Please direct all questions to the current CPC Chair, Adrian Macdonald at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone, 970-491-7781.
Send in your self-nomination and statement of personal interest via email or campus delivery!
- Step 1 – Consider your current work load and availability. The term of service for CPC Representatives is three (3) years, terms run parallel to CSU fiscal year. Serving on the CPC may require five (5) to eight (8) hours or more of your time per month. All CPC Representatives are required to attend Council meetings and serve on Council and University committees.
- Step 2 – Verify your eligibility. All certified State Classified personnel, working half-time or more, who have been employed by Colorado State University for at least one (1) year as State Classified employees are eligible for membership (except employees of the Colorado State Governing Board or System’s Office).
- Step 3 – Complete the nomination paperwork. Fill out a Prospective CPC Representative Form and write a Letter of Interest.
- Step 4 – E-mail, mail, or deliver the nomination paperwork to be considered for membership for the 2023-24 term to the Office of the Vice President for University Operations (VPUO):
- Email: email@example.com
- Physical address: 318 Administration Building
- Mailing address: 6001 Campus Delivery
- Step 5 – Receive confirmation. You will be contacted as soon as the election tellers have verified your eligibility and the completeness of your nomination paperwork.
If you have additional questions, contact the current CPC Chair, Adrian Macdonald at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone, 970-491-7781.