BECOME A CPC REPRESENTATIVE
The Vice President for University Operations encourages you to apply for election to the Classified Personnel Council (CPC). Colorado State University depends on a strong, dedicated, and informed CPC to ensure State Classified views, ideas, and concerns are represented in University shared governance. The University depends on the CPC to:
- Disseminate important information to State Classified and other CSU employees
- Research, review, and recommend ways to improve the work lives of State Classified and other CSU employees
- Review bills before the State Legislature that impact the university community
- Recognize State Classified and other CSU employee accomplishments and contributions
- Host informational sessions and employee appreciation events
CPC Representatives are elected to serve a three-year term. Terms run parallel to the CSU fiscal year. We currently have one year terms due to a vacant CPC member position if you are interested in serving in this role, please contact the CPC Chair.
If you are interested in becoming a CPC Representative, please follow the self-nomination process outlined below. Please direct all questions to the current CPC Chair, Adrian Macdonald at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone, 970-491-7781.
The nomination process has begun! Send in your self-nomination and statement of personal interest via email or campus delivery by June 30, 2022!
- Step 1 – Consider your current work load and availability. The term of service for CPC Representatives is three (3) years, terms run parallel to CSU fiscal year. Serving on the CPC may require five (5) to eight (8) hours or more of your time per month. All CPC Representatives are required to attend Council meetings and serve on Council and University committees.
- Step 2 – Verify your eligibility. All certified State Classified personnel, working half-time or more, who have been employed by Colorado State University for at least one (1) year as State Classified employees are eligible for membership (except employees of the Colorado State Governing Board or System’s Office).
- Step 3 – Complete the nomination paperwork. Fill out a Prospective CPC Representative Form and write a Letter of Interest.
- Step 4 – E-mail, mail, or deliver the nomination paperwork to be considered for membership starting on July 1, 2022 to the Office of the Vice President for University Operations (VPUO):
- Email: email@example.com
- Physical address: 318 Administration Building
- Mailing address: 6001 Campus Delivery
- Step 5 – Receive confirmation. You will be contacted as soon as the election tellers have verified your eligibility and the completeness of your nomination paperwork.
If you have additional questions, contact the current CPC Chair, Adrian Macdonald at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone, 970-491-7781.