BECOME A CPC REPRESENTATIVE
The Vice President for University Operations encourages you to apply for election to the Classified Personnel Council (CPC). Colorado State University depends on a strong, dedicated, and informed CPC to ensure State Classified views, ideas, and concerns are represented in University shared governance. The University depends on the CPC to:
- Disseminate important information to State Classified and other CSU employees
- Research, review, and recommend ways to improve the work lives of State Classified and other CSU employees
- Review bills before the State Legislature that impact the university community
- Recognize State Classified and other CSU employee accomplishments and contributions
- Host informational sessions and employee appreciation events
CPC Representatives are elected to serve a three-year term. Terms run parallel to the CSU fiscal year. We currently have a one year term due to a vacant CPC member position if you are interested in serving in this role, please contact email@example.com.
If you are interested in becoming a CPC Representative, please follow the self-nomination process outlined below. Please direct all questions to the current CPC Chair, Meg Skeehan at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone, 970-491-5102.
The nomination process for 2020 has begun, self-nominations are due to email@example.com by February 28, 2020! In addition to serving a 3-year term, there are 2 open terms due to prior members vacating their role before the end of their term, one expires in 2021, one expires in 2022. If you are interested in serving a 1-2 year term, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Step 1 – Consider your current work load and availability. The term of service for CPC Representatives is three (3) years, terms run parallel to CSU fiscal year. Serving on the CPC may require five (5) to eight (8) hours or more of your time per month. All CPC Representatives are required to attend Council meetings and serve on Council and University committees.
- Step 2 – Verify your eligibility. All certified State Classified personnel, working half-time or more, who have been employed by Colorado State University for at least one (1) year as State Classified employees are eligible for membership (except employees of the Colorado State Governing Board or System’s Office).
- Step 3 – Complete the nomination paperwork. Fill out a Prospective CPC Representative Form and write a Letter of Interest. The form can be downloaded here, or you can request one be mailed to you. The Letter of Interest (150 words or less) should include a short bio and explain why you want to become a CPC Representative.
- Step 4 – E-mail, mail, or deliver the nomination paperwork to be considered for membership starting on July 1, 2019 to the Office of the Vice President for University Operations (VPUO):
- Attention: Erika Borges
- Email: email@example.com
- Physical address: 318 Administration Building
- Mailing address: 6001 Campus Delivery
- Step 5 – Receive confirmation. You will be contacted as soon as the election tellers have verified your eligibility and the completeness of your nomination paperwork.
If you have additional questions, contact the current CPC Chair, Meg Skeehan at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone, 970-491-5102.